12.06.2010

I'm Back!!

Ok, now it really has been a long time. I don't have any good excuses, life just gets in the way. But I'm back and will be blogging through December and into the New Year. Fernie is no longer a summer paradise it has change into a Winter Wonderland and I am so thankful for my heated sidewalks!
With this winter wonderland comes the opening of the ski hill (Dec 4th) as well as staff Christmas Parties, my own Holiday Open House & The Good as Gold Gala in support of the Salvation Army. Here are some photos  from these events:

First is The Good as Gold Gala.


 The theme colors of the evening were black & gold. I brought in the black with ostrich feathers, black ti leaves & black willow euc. And the Gold by painting lily grass & poppy pods as well as spraying the arrangements with gold glitter (and obviously using the gold pot!)

I chose deep purples & reds to give it a "rich" feel. Using red mokara orchids, mini callas, & tulips. To add the purple I used the seeded euch & privet berry.

The next is from my Holiday Open House:

I wanted to do something Christmas-ey but unique to give people some ideas of stepping outside of what is typically done.

I used a mix of Christmas greens as well as artifical ferns with a bit of green sparkle. The flowers were protea, red mini callas, red roses, green roses, white dendrobium orchids, & green hypericum berries. I threw in a few pinecones as well.
The arrangement is set on a 2ft cylinder  vase which was filled with acrylic crystals lit up by submersible LED lights, halfway I threw in a few handfuls of cranberries to add some color.








And this final one was done by the newest member of our team, Sarah. I'm loving her style, it works well with what we are doing here at The Green Petal! If you are in the area, be sure to stop in and introduce yourself!

1 comment: