2.24.2011

Glass half full of warm fuzzies?

I'm not sure if I'm in denial or just going for the glass is half full approach... This is what it looks like outside:

 And this week is COLD, some reports are saying we could hit a record low of -42C (about -44F). Despite the fact that it is too cold to... well do anything; I've been trying to think warm thoughts (while sitting on my portable heater). There are plenty of Albertans who came here to ski, but are making their way downtown to find a warmer past time for their holiday- shopping. I decided to use lying as a marketing tactic (white lies!).

This is what I put in my window- it was meant as an encouraging statement, but now I'm wondering if maybe it's more of a mocking statement. I watch people bundled up and bending into the wind, stopping to read my little note. Does it give them hope and some warm fuzzies? or make them want to curb-stomp my sign... I choose to believe the warm fuzzy one.



We recently got our INDABA spring order in (which include the chalkboard-pots from the previous pic!) All this new merchandise has given us a chance to rearrange the front a bit. I've notice that this shelf in particular has been getting a lot of attention today. Not sure if it is all the bright colours, or that everyone has warm bath/showers on their minds... and I'm sure the all the amazing smells don't hurt either!




And last but not least here are a couple warm & tropical arrangements! (Sarah made these ones!)




No comments:

Post a Comment