3.22.2011

Brave Brides & True Friends

Once again I was looking through my photos to see if I had missed blogging any of them. Well I found a few! I realized I've never posted the pictures of weddings I did before I owned The Green Petal.

Before opening my shop I worked for a shop in Cranbrook ( MJ's Floral). I learned a lot and requested friday/saturday shifts because I wanted to gain experience with wedding design. After a few years doing this I received a call from my dear friend Lisa, asking me if I would be willing to do the flowers for her wedding. I was super excited and a bit scared but very quickly agreed to do them! Well 2008/2009 were a busy couple of years, as many of my friends decided to get married. I was honored that they trusted me enough to do the flowers, let alone give me as much freedom as they did! I owe a lot to these girls, it was during these weddings I learned the "other half" of wedding work,  ORGANIZATION! Often working alone (though sometimes aided by willing friends), and having up to 6 bridesmaids and 18 button holes I definitely honed my time management skills! I also discovered the importance of flexibility in design- especially when it comes to weddings (hmmm... I think I will do a whole separate blog on that!).

In the end I really just wanted to say thanks to these lovely ladies for trusting me with their important day & encouraging me in following my passion! Love you!

Lisa & Joel 
(Camponi Photography)




Carrie & Ben
(Camponi Photography)




Jolene & Keegan




Rachel & Mark
(Camponi Photography)



Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~ C.S. Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment