4.29.2011

Citrus Spring Wedding

“When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” Billy Crystal


This past weekend a dear friend of mine was married. Not only was I lucky enough to do the flowers, but I also was the Maid of Honor. We lived together for two years and we have been through a lot together, it was so special to play a role in her day. She was a pretty easy bride to work with as her only requests were that Gerberas were included (her favorite) and the colors were orange & green.
n

There were four bridesmaids, we each carried a posy of Green mini hydrangea, green hypericum berries, orange mini gerberas, and orange mokara orchids all finished off with lily grass loops in lieu of traditional greenery.








Moraya's bouquet is probably one of my favorites I've made to date. As you may know I'm a sucker for color and texture- so much texture! The bride's bouquet was a tight hand tie of Green mini hydrangea, green hypericum berries, green mini cymbidium orchids, orange mokara orchids, orange pincushion protea, orange mini gerbera daisies, orange ornithogalum.

Again I finished off the bouquet with loops of lily grass- I loved how it looked so "sweepy"! The final touch was a simple single wrap of orange silk and two pearl pins (which matched her earring perfectly!).
The Head Table Centerpiece included all the elements of the bouquets in a grouping  design.
And here are a few more of Moraya's Bouquet!



Congratulations Moraya & Brennan. Blessings on your life together!!

Thanks to Morgan Dunnet for the photos!

2 comments:

  1. This is very useful information on weddings. I am arranging my sister’s wedding next month and booked one of awesome wedding venues nyc. Planning to hire a wedding photographer who can click memorable pictures to make my wedding memorable one.

    ReplyDelete