4.30.2011

Royal Wedding Flowers: Kate & Sweet William

Ok, don't worry I'm not going to start blogging about celebrities all the time...  But the Royal wedding is too big to ignore. There's a lot of talk about how Kate's choices are going to change wedding trends; from the sleeved dress, white bridesmaid dress, and simple flowers- she's got the wedding blog community all abuzz!
I thought she looked amazing, but in all honesty she could have worn a paper bag and probably set wedding fashion trends. But lets talk about the bouquet! I have to be honest my first reaction was a bit of disappointment. Now  many people feel it's too plain, or boring. I disagree, for a wedding that formal (and royal) I think white is the probably the classiest way to go.


Now for the choice of flowers: sweet william (how clever), lily of the valley and myrtle (the bouquet contained a sprig of the herb used in the Queen’s 1947 wedding bouquet). I thought the choice of flowers were perfect, they were so delicate which complimented (rather than compete with) the lace of her gown.   

Now here is my one complaint... the size of the bouquet. I think my initial disappointment was with the size of the small cascade. tiny, tiny, tiny!  (almost distractingly so!) Now I'm not suggesting it should have been 4feet long like Princess Diana's. I strongly believe the flowers are there to compliment you and your gown. Bigger isn't always better, but neither is smaller. I found this picture of Elizabeth Hurley's wedding. She had a similar idea as Kate, but I just think Elizabeth did a better job at picking  a proportionate sized bouquet.
The "impact" of the flowers should be in proportion to your body size, the dress size & the venue. Because Kate's small cascade was all white and simple, she could have gone a bit bigger. On the other hand if it was a brightly colored bouquet  the smaller would have made the same impact. Proportion ladies, it's all about proportion. (in my humble opinion!)


What are your thoughts ?

11 comments:

  1. i totally agree :) too small. the flowers were pretty, there just needed to be more! and i am always a fan of the handtie over the cascade....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good wedding with flower..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those wedding flowers are absolutely stunning, very beautiful. Hope I can make something like these

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. Sarah does, too! We were actually annoyed. You got it on the nose, Carmen. I thought it was just us;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just wanted to tell you, you’re dead wrong. Your article doesn’t make any sense.

    Vow renewal packages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, how’s it going? Just shared this post with a colleague, we had a good laugh. Regalos de boda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff.
    My Room Rent

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff.
    My Room Rent

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those guidelines additionally worked to become a good way to recognize that other people online have the identical fervor like mine to grasp great deal more around this condition.
    Ibiza wedding

    ReplyDelete
  10. You offered me some assistance with thankfulness UK article making through your online journals in a way I will always remember. In a brief minute I can no ifs and in addition buts teach my made work and produce making class with sureness. This is the one field that I was astoundingly deficient about. Thankful to you.The critical of these affiliations is the attestation alliance official renting on your before with all individuals who are to be set into the internment connection. For instance, the religious figure, office affirmation affiliation home and the cemetery.
    Cheap mens Watches

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Insightful" is the perfect word to describe this wonderful writing of yours. The artistic blend of this subject with your tone of writing made this a great read. Much love 😘.
    Diaphragm
    Sternum
    Carpal Bones
    Phalanges
    Ulna
    Radius
    Scapula
    Humerus
    Clavicle

    ReplyDelete